Bison in Snow

Bison in Snow

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Play to Learn Part 1

  • Name of the game:Temporal Taxonomy
  • What were you looking for? Insects based on 6 legs, exoskeleton, three body parts
  • Was the game fun to play? Explain why. I thought so but then again I did make the game lol
  • How does the designer reward you and keep you playing? You had a score to reward you, mistakes and a timer to keep you on your toes.
  • What does this game teach you? The structural differences between "bugs" and insects.
  • How does it use hidden objects to teach you? There were 10 insects hidden among other organisms classified as bugs.  You had to use the key features to figure out whether they were insects or not using the magnifying glass.
  • What age group would find this educational? Middle school to high school
  • How would you make this game better? I would add some animation that kept all the bugs, insects included moving.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you made that game! I thought it was hard. Of course I didn't quite understand the exoskeleton aqnd body parts thing.

    ReplyDelete